Nothing heralds the return of summer fun like homemade potato salad. This classic dish transports us back to family barbecues and sunny picnics by the river. So, what can take this crowd-pleaser to new heights?
Creamy, savory, tangy Roasted Garlic Yumm! Sauce® of course!
The silky texture and delightful umami flavor of the sauce pairs perfectly with tender potatoes, crisp celery, and spicy onions. Simply replace ½ the mayo in your favorite potato salad recipe with any flavor of Yumm! Sauce or try our tasty recipe below for a unique treat.
Yumm! Potato Salad Recipe
• 3 pounds medium red-skinned potatoes
• 1 cup chopped celery
• 1 cup finely chopped red onion
• 1 cup chopped pickles or capers
• 1/2 cup chopped green onions
• 2/3 to 1 cup Roasted Garlic Yumm! Sauce
• 2 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Place whole, washed, unpeeled potatoes in a medium-sized pot and cover with a few inches of salted water.
2. Bring to a boil and cook until just fork-tender, about 20-30 minutes.
3. Drain and cool completely.
4. Cut the cooled potatoes into bite-sized chunks and transfer to a large bowl.
5. Add celery, onions, and pickles or capers to the potatoes.
6. Toss with the vinegar or lemon juice.
7. Add the Yumm! Sauce and stir well.
8. Season with salt and pepper to your preference.
9. Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and a few sliced green onions on top for a nice presentation.