Avocado toast has become a nourishing staple for quick breakfasts and hearty lunches around the world. A satisfying and delightfully colorful meal, this beautiful toast is simple to make and can be whipped up in just minutes. Plus, it’s easily customizable for the pickiest or most adventurous eaters.
Also called butter fruit or alligator pears, avocados are famous for their rich yet mild flavor and velvety texture. This combination makes them a great choice for a variety of dishes and cuisines from classic guacamole dip to sandwiches, salads, and sushi. Avocados are also prized for their nutrient density and contain healthy monounsaturated fat, vitamin E, vitamin B, soluble fiber, iron, and folate.
Thanks to the magic of Yumm! Bowls®, we know that creamy avocados and Yumm! Sauce® make a perfect pair. This avocado toast recipe is another one of our favorite ways to enjoy the smoky pepper flavor of Chipotle Yumm! Sauce®. Topped with sweet corn, spicy onions, juicy tomatoes, and fresh cilantro, this Southwest-inspired toast is the best thing since sliced bread!
Southwest Avocado Toast Recipe
• 1 thick slice of crusty bread
• 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
• 1/4 lime, juiced
• 1 tablespoon Chipotle Yumm! Sauce
• diced tomatoes
• sweet corn
• diced onions
• chopped cilantro
• salt and pepper to taste
• Optional toppings: black bean spread, black olives, jalapenos, roasted red peppers, olive oil drizzle, hot sauce, chili flakes, or roasted garlic
1. Toast the bread until warm and golden.
2. Mash the avocado.
3. Mix lime juice into the mashed avocado.
4. Spread the avocado on the toasted bread.
5. Spread Yumm! Sauce on top of the avocado.
6. Top with tomatoes, corn, onions, and cilantro.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.