by Kelli on August 14, 2009
Try this super fast, beautiful, delicious appetizer for your next get together (or just for yourself!).
Curry Yumm! Shrimp Salad
- 6 oz. Original Yumm! Sauce
- 1 tsp. Curry Powder (Tip: Our favorite is Sun Brand Madras Curry Powder, or try Frontier Curry Powder)
- 1 lb. Raw, Large Shrimp (appx. 20)
- 1 -2 Tbl. Fresh Parsley, minced. Tip: Parsley is used for color, texture, flavor, and nutrition. If you prefer a different fresh herb feel free to use it (no strict rules here – you could even add a sprinkle of some cayenne powder for Hot Curry Yumm! Shrimp).
- Mix Original Yumm! Sauce and Curry Powder together thoroughly. Tip: Let the sauce and curry powder “marry” overnight if possible. Overnighting is not necessary, although flavor and color will develop much better.
- Place oven rack on second shelf from top.
- Turn on broiler.
- Peel and de-vein shrimp Tip: Leave tails on for a nice look and ease of serving.
- Meanwhile, lay peeled shrimp in single layer on baking sheet.
- Place about ½ tsp. of the Curry Yumm! Sauce mixture at the top of each shrimp and pat gently down toward tail, trying to keep sauce on top of shrimp. Stop before reaching each tail shell.
- Check to see if broiler and oven has heated up.
- Place the baking sheet with prepared Curry Yumm! Shrimp into oven under broiler and close the oven door. Tip: Keep a close watch! The next step goes very quickly depending on your broiler and how close to broiler you have placed shrimp.
- After approximately 2 minutes, when shrimp is browned, remove baking pan from oven and gently turn over each shrimp.
- Repeat sauce instructions on the uncooked side (see item 6).
- Place baking sheet back under broiler and cook for 1 – 2 minutes, watch carefully!
- When the shrimp is a light golden brown, remove the baking sheet immediately and let it rest on the stove top for several minutes.
- Sprinkle with minced parsley (or your herb of choice).
- Serve immediately.
Curry Yumm! Shrimp may be served hot as an appetizer, entrée, or on top of a salad. It’s also delicious chilled and served on a salad the next day.