by Kelli on June 01, 2009
Many of our customers and friends have discovered the versatility of Yumm! Sauce. And this Yumm! Salmon recipe is a fan favorite.
Extraordinarily easy, but rich in flavor, we have had many reports of great success and enjoyment. During the cooking process the flavors of the Yumm! Sauce infuse the salmon for an incredible, delightful flavor experience.
Our good friend, Elizabeth, who manufactures our Yumm! Sauces, developed the recipe. About 12 years ago we were looking for someone to help us with the growing demand for our sauce, we were lucky to meet Elizabeth at an industry food show in Portland. She “got to know” our Yumm! Sauce, fell in love with it, and being a true foodie, began experimenting. This recipe is one result.
(Pictured: Delicious Yumm! Salmon, green papaya salad, organic green salad with organic radishes, and a roasted golden beet and cucumber side dish.)
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
- 1 lb. salmon filet
- 2 Tbsp Original Yumm! Sauce
- 1 Tbsp of your favorite barbecue sauce (If you don’t have a favorite, try Bull’s Eye brand.)
- Preheat oven to 500ºF.
- Mix the Original Yumm! Sauce with the barbecue sauce.
- Place salmon in a baking dish, skin side down.
- Spread the sauce mixture evenly over top of salmon.
- Place salmon in oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn the oven off and leave the salmon in the oven for an additional 8 to 10 minutes depending on thickness and your preference for doneness.
- Remove salmon from the oven and serve onto plates immediately.
- Spoon extra sauce from bottom of pan onto salmon or a rice or pasta side dish, or sop it up with your favorite bread. Yumm!
Note: Vegetarians can substitute a hearty slice of tofu, tempeh, or vegetables for an equally luscious dish.
If you have a favorite Yumm! recipe, please send it! We’d love to feature you on this blog. Send to email@example.com.